Friday, September 20, 2002

Workplace funnies

A couple of entertaining incidents from my day:

1. I stumbled across this article today: Use an inventive approach when working with ‘Creatives’. Even I, as a person in a technical group winced at how this article talked about creative types as if they were another species whose mission it is to annoy the technical people. It was pretty one sided from the technical perspective. So I passed it on to our creative type because I do like to rile him up sometimes..

here is his response:
I am so offended. As if we should allow the Techno Weenies to design the UI!

Look at that guy. He probably is a Trekkie who never gets any…

2. We are entering the testing phase for our release and our QA lead sends out a document to all involved on how to use the bug tracking software. Most ignore it and it’s the usual free for all. So he sends out a follow up email:
p.s. instructions are in the “must read” document called Bug Tracking Instructions.doc

Elizabeth Smith of The New Yorker says “…….Bug Tracking Instructions.doc is a real page turner, I couldn’t put it down”
John Henry of Time Magazine says “…….Bug Tracking Instructions.doc could be the next Magna Carta!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home