Wednesday, September 25, 2002

Emplyee Appreciation, indeed

Employee appreciation, indeed. This week is employee appreciation week at work. Instead of valuing good work all year round, we get one week of free food (Monday: pastries & coffee, Tuesday: greasy pizza & calzones.. the ice cream social is coming. My old boss has deemed it: make the employees fat week) which everyone (no matter how inept) shares in. Today’s festivities include an outing at some place with miniature golf which is over an hour away. I don’t think anyone in my group wanted to go, because it is far away and because we don’t interact much with the people in the other groups that are invited, we won’t know anyone there. So my boss said we could instead just take the afternoon off. The sad thing is that although the day is supposed to be a big team building event made to make everyone feel valued, I, and most of my coworkers are most excited about having the afternoon off and just getting away from the place. I think that says something (maybe that I work in a Dilbert cartoon).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home