Friday, January 31, 2003

Give Me a Break

Today I had a conversation with a co-worker about the fact that elderly people have been calling up to complain out our application because they don’t know what to do when they encounter something like the following:

Select One
Option A
Option B

OR enter your own:

I say if you can’t figure that out, you shouldn’t be on the internet. Log off now. I suggested that we add a link to our site that says: if you are over 80 years old, click here. And my co-worker says and the link will go to oursite-for-dummies.com.
hahahhhaahhaha.. I am evil. I’m usually a strong advocate for not making the site confusing for the users (despite how much easier it may be for the developers to code it that way), but there has to be a line - a minimum of knowledge should be able to be assumed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home