Thursday, April 03, 2003

My Orange Asylum

I work in a nuthouse, but sometimes it’s a nuthouse in a good way. Apparently, in a meeting today someone asked the question: what is up with Syracuse: why the Orangeman? Obviously, I wasn’t at this meeting, or I could have told them.. someone took it upon themselves to research the issue, and this email string ensued (subject: Why Orangemen?)

S: http://www.syr.edu/aboutsu/memorabilia/orange.html
C: (to me): That’s something you can really take pride in.
Me: even better is the story of the Orangeman himself!
http://www.suathletics.com/sports/gen/2001/mascot.asp
At least we didn’t pick Egnaro the Troll!
Let’s go orange!!
C: Oh my word . . .
S: Orange you glad you know that…..
C: I think I hear a rimshot somewhere in the background.
D: Orange you all glad I won’t ask questions like this anymore?
S: But they’re so ap-peeling!
S: Well, we better all get back to the rind now….
C: Take my wife, please.
M: “Say-Your-Excuse” for “Oranging” this email earlier? Ha-Ha-Ho-Ho-He-he

I missed the whole thing because I went downstairs for a soda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home