Friday, November 17, 2006

Agile Conversation of the Day

Today after sitting through the review of the business case document for the next big project (NBP), I asked the question I really wanted answered: are we using Agile for this project, as has been rumored? Then this conversation ensued:

Business owner: I don't even know what Agile is. I keep hearing development wants to use it, but they don't tell us what it is. How am I supossed own a project when I don't understand the process?

Project Manager: I've heard what Agile is. It's when you don't do alot of analysis upfront, instead the Business Analysts just work directly with the developers so you don't really need specs. You break up the work into something called "iterations" where you build part of the code, but it doesn't always come out the way you want, so you have to re-do it or "iterate" on what you've already built.

The bubble above my head says: { sweet Jesus! She's clueless! I've got to get out of this room}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home