Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Worst Possible Boss

There was a time when the worst possible boss was the pointy haired boss from Dilbert, but now there is a lower life form: the guy from the Office. Then there is my boss: the pointy haired/guy from the Office combo.

Sometimes I amsue myself by dropping technical terms into conversations just to see how he botches using them later. But in the last few weeks, since I started watching the American version of The Office, I've come to realize how bad my boss is.

This will be the first in a series..

One day I was working at home. I received an email from another manager (who my boss happens to be comptetive with) requesting a piece of minor information about something I am familiar with, but which doesn't fall under my bosses domain. I replied with the information within a few minutes. 20 minutes later my phone rings. It is my boss. Him: did you reply to the other manager with the information?
Me: yes
Him: well, I wasn't copied on the reply
Me: { silence } is there some reason you would be?
Him: well, how else am I going to know what is going on?
Me: { silence }
Him: I saw that you had copied me on some emails earlier, so because you are home, I thought I would just check in and make sure you didn't open your email, send a few emails, then close it.
Me: { ?#?#?Q!! } I sent him the information. Anything else?
Him: No

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home